– This article is aptly titled “Christians Pissed About Piss Christ, Again”
– “Probably as long as there has been war, there have been war artists whose interpretations of the battlefield feed cultural understanding of conflict.” A recent article in the New York Times talks about artists’ work that arose from the destruction of the Israel-Gaza conflict.
– “…it seems driven by a passion for ignorance.” Rosalyn Deutsche on the National September 11 Memorial Museum.
– “At a time in which the people of Gaza return to the rubble of their homes, destroyed by the Israeli military we do not feel it is acceptable to receive Israeli cultural sponsorship.” Artists are protesting Israeli Funding of Sao Paulo Bienal.
– “This imported aesthetic, this Disney despotism, has a purpose. Seeing as many of these nations, North Korea especially, have dire human rights records, to perpetuate a sense of false innocence can be politically helpful for those in charge.” ‘s article “Disney and Despotism: Why Governments Buy North Korean Art,” is a must read.